We all go through our day to day routine and think to ourselves- “I really should tidy up,” but never do. Until one day we suddenly wake up and think “today is the day. I am going to clean EVERYTHING”. And you do. Fast forward a week and everything is a mess again. It happens to the best of us. You tidy up, then need to get something out of your new, tidy drawer. When you put it back you’re in a hurry and can’t be bothered to put it back the way you found it. I think we have all been there. Keeping your home organized can be so much easier if you have just a few cheap items that will help keep your life straight and tidy.
Here are our top 5 organization items for $10 or less:
- I have a big ‘love/hate’ relationship with my jewelry. One day I’m tenderly placing it back into its box and making sure it won’t get tangled. The next I just leave it in a pile next to the box. With this jewelry holder and stand, keeping your jewelry tidy will be effortless. It will take two extra seconds to loop your earrings into place, or to hang your necklaces onto. It keeps all your jewelry from getting lost, and it makes a funky decoration for your room!
- Make-up organization is another big issue I have. I’m always rummaging around for my make-up and when I’m done, I leave it strewn all over the place. For bargain prices you can get a simple make-up organizer to keep all of it in 1 place. The drawers themselves may be messy inside but at least it’s a contained mess and not all over your bathroom. If it bothers you that you can see into the drawers then you can cover the plastic in colorful washi tape, or line the insides with patterned paper.
- Keeping scarves, men’s ties, and belts organized has always been an issue. Until I found this little thing called a twirling tie rack. It can be used for all of the above, not only ties. You can even use it as a Jewelry holder for those long necklaces that just never seem to have a place to hang where they won’t get tangled and twisted because they are just too long.
- A cheap alternative to buying a bedside table- for those who cannot afford one, or for those have a small bedroom, is the bedside caddy. It works through placing a heavy board in between your mattress and base to hold it in place. It has a flap that hangs against the side of your bed with pockets to hold anything you may need.
- So one day you were in the right mood and you decided to organize your pantry or your kid’s art supply closet. Problem is every time you want to find something you have to unpack the whole cabinet. Unless you have cool stickers so that you can easily find what you are looking for.
*Prices correct as of 21st September 2015
For more DIY home organization and decoration tips you can check out YouTube videos like this one below.